Five Food Finds about Ice-Cream
- It takes 12 lbs. of milk to make just one gallon of ice cream.
- The U.S. enjoys an average of 48 pints of ice cream per person, per year, more than any other country.
- The ice cream cone’s invention is linked to the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis. An ice cream vendor reportedly didn’t have enough dishes to keep up with the demand, so he teamed up with a waffle vendor who rolled his waffles into cones!
- In 2003, Portland, Oregon bought more ice cream per person than any other U.S. city.
- The biggest ice cream sundae in history was made in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, in 1988, and weighed in at over 24 tons.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1763 John Jacob Astor was born in Waldorf, Germany. His descendants built the Waldorf-Astoria hotel.
1845 Charles Grey, 2nd Earl R.I.P. Grey (also…
View original post 100 more words